Once Essential Function Job Descriptions are in place, you are well prepared to define, inspire, evaluate, and improve the performance of your employees through proper performance management. Procedures and standards need to be articulated then instituted to facilitate consistent assessments and provide effective remedial actions when necessary.
HRM will help you:
- Define performance standards
- Develop evaluation forms that reflect your standards
- Train managers to conduct meaningful assessments
- Understand performance indicators to effectively motivate and manage employees
- Improve training, feedback, and communication techniques
- Learn methodologies to handle conflict when providing corrective feedback
- Create defensible termination documentation
- Implement a mechanism for grievance procedures
Your ability to manage the performance of your employees directly translates into employee satisfaction and retention, successful remediation, and increased productivity.