Essential Function Job Descriptions
The Essential Function Job Description must be a useful, valid and representative analysis of each job position within the organization to be the most powerful document that impacts hiring, accommodation, and termination.
The Essential Function Job Description accomplishes vital objectives, serving as:
- The hub of the employee life cycle (from hiring to separation)
- The key document utilized when responding to ADA accommodation compliance issues
- The basis for developing a valid and useful performance management system
- A positive impact on job performance and productivity
- Impetus for the achievement of organizational goals
- A deterrent to negative legal consequences
The formulation of an Essential Function Job Description is based on the answers to these questions…
- What are the expectations for this position?
- How will they be achieved?
- What tools, equipment or work aides are used to perform the functions of this position?
- What are the important physical and mental abilities needed to perform the essential job functions?
- How is the employee’s performance expectation measured?
- How do we provide effective remedial action when performance falls short of expectations?
HRM Consulting guides you through this process, training you to produce the documentation, or we can create Essential Function Job Descriptions for you.